Friday, January 17, 2014

Welcome to the Farm

A little over a year ago, the farming bug swept through my quilting friends. They were quilting along with the Farmer's Wife book. I was enchanted with the idea of making these cute little blocks, but also completely intimidated, so I did what any reasonable person would do: bought the book and put it on the shelf so i could do it later.

Well, I decided this year would be the year I started farming. I printed up all the templates and got to work. Here's my progress update about four weeks in:













































I kinda want everyone to start farming now. Happy sewing, friends.

7 comments:

  1. nice fussy-cutting! those gnomes just slay me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm buying this book because of you and your instagram feed, which I'm kind of obsessed with. -quiltstagrammer

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was an amazing feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just adorable! I found you via @krousegirl on IG (who is a blogger buddy in my hometown) when she posted the pinnochio fabric to you. You forgot to post your pinnochio block -- my favorite. It made me run out and buy some of the pinnochio fabric! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are awesome. I bought the farmers wife book because of your gorgeous blocks! I am a bit intimidated to start but have some fabric picked ( at least as a start) and am keen to get going once I finish up a few other projects

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really adore this quilt and your take on it is the best I have ever seen

    ReplyDelete