Monday, March 5, 2012

The Months all fly together

There's been so many changes in the past month and a half. I'm moving into a new apartment in 10 days, so I thought I should really take a few minutes to post my newest quilts.

The first is a Sparkling Cider quilt that I made at the request of my brother's co-worker. He's going to ask his lady to marry him and for their anniversary he wanted to give her a USC quilt since she is currently pursuing her Masters. Since USC is my alma mater, of course I had a hard time saying no. Here is the finished result, It makes me quite happy and I don't want to give it away.

This was my first foray into Flying Geese, which was obvious when I made all the small stars in reverse of what I intended them to be. This resulted in a whole bunch of extra, useless, geese. I used some to make a star on the back too. 
You'll notice my sad messed up star. :P


Next, on a whim I started improv piecing some materials together with yellow as the main focus color. The results are a perfectly charming lap quilt that is splendid for napping since the backing is Minky! It was my first time working with minty and I was a little worried about how well it would quilt, but the final results are amazing and I don't want to share it with anyone ever. :)
The wee little animals that make an appearance are probably my favorite part.

I love love lOVE how soft the back is.

No comments:

Post a Comment